St. Ann’s Academy Restoration
Buildings in Transition

Site Photography John Taylor

St. Ann’s Academy,1858, lay boarded-up for years before its historic restoration. Victoria’s first Roman Catholic cathedral, convent and school, now a national historic site, St. Ann’s remains one of Victoria’s premier landmarks. Receiving awards for its engineering ingenuity, by keeping the shell but demolishing the inside, a new precedent was set. Site photography over two years allowed Taylor to make detailed studies of construction and of workers scaling walls, diminished in scale by the volume of space.

Clients include

• Provincial Capital Commission

• BC Attorney General’s Office

• BC Buildings Corporation

• Sisters of St. Ann Archive

• Civic Heritage Trust

• Queen’s Printer

 

Copyright 2014   •   John Taylor Photography   •    All Rights Reserved